Job title: Sr. Software Engineer
Company: General Electric
Job description: Job Description Summary We are looking to hire an innovative Lead Front-End Developer, who will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
The Lead Front-End Developer is responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining reusable UI framework components, applications and services. Working mostly on web UI and mobile UI design system, for applications dealing with the energy/electric utility domain. Responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible and work within a team in charge of reusable UI component and services, in order to create a UI Design System to be used by all other engineering teams in Digital Grid
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership within a scrum team
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Work with UX Designers and Researchers in order to implement UI components, applications and meet user requirements base on UX specifications and user feedback
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Desired Characteristics & Technical Expertise
- Experience with agile methodology, working with scrum teams during sprints
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, build tools like npm, and source control tools like git/github
- Experience writing and/or integrating with REST services on the backend
- General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity and experience writing UI mobile applications is a plus
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy.
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Sat, 27 May 2023 07:58:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!