Job title: Sr. Software engineer – Locomotive TCMS
Job description: Job Description:
Sr. Software engineer – Locomotive TCMS
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!
Change the future with us
As a Senior Software Engineer – Train control, you will be responsible developing control software for our our innovative rail vehicles. Your task, and responsibilities are as follows:
- Definition of system requirements and system interface specifications for vehicle control.
- You design and implement software components in alignment with the guidelines for safety-relevant software systems
- Designing control functions based on functional block diagrams.
- Generating software test specifications, conduct code review and support in design verification.
- You should support in integration tests and validation tests.
- Analysing diagnostic information, bug fixing and defining new control logics to improve the vehicle performance.
- You are capable to build TCMS concepts for locomotive / trains on vehicle level
- You should be able to implement upgradation / new work of application software with end-to-end responsibility using V model approach.
- You should conduct training sessions for customer and service colleagues.
- You act as problem solver, ensuring application of correct standards.
- You are responsible to work independently on several TCMS subsystems also create logic block diagrams for it.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- We are looking for candidates having bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical, electronic or computer science with 8+ years of relevant rolling stock experience.
- Domain knowledge of locomotive/ train control, testing and commissioning.
- Experience in working with MVB, WTB, Ethernet communication protocols. Knowledge of TRDP would be added advantage.
- Strong understanding and proven experience with requirement engineering is prerequisite.
- Good understanding of standards such as IEC 50128, IEC 61131, IEC 61375 etc.
- Good communication and presentation skill completes your profile.
- You should demonstrate strong teamwork and able to guide peers to bring out required results
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: and about Siemens careers at:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 24 May 2023 04:36:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!