Job title: Senior Software Engineer- Web Apps
Company: HST Global
Job description: About HST Global
HST Global in Bangalore is a division of the Hy-Vee IT team named as the Helpful Smiles Technology Center based in the West Des Moines, Iowa, US. Hy-Vee IT (HST) supports Hy-Vees business growth and modernization needs by accelerating the adoption of technology across enterprise operations. Hy-Vee offers employees a unique opportunity to transform technology at Hy-Vee, understand different markets and cultural dynamics, as well as the opportunity to work locally and remotely on IT challenges. Hy-Vee IT is looking to expand its capabilities in software development and delivery with roles such as agile, fullstack, and data analysts based out of the HST Global. HST Global will serve the entire IT organization across roles and functions.
Software Engineer II / Senior Software Engineer
As a software engineer you will be a member of one of the Hy-Vee development teams responsible for Retail or Finance technologies following an agile delivery cadence.Your primary focus will be making solutions that are secure, highly scalable, and predictable. Were looking for people who can not only be great individual contributors, but also pair and mentor other engineers.
About the Company
Hy-Vee is an employee-owned chain of supermarkets in the Midwestern United States, with more than 280 locations. Hy-Vee is one of the largest retailers in the United States with a headcount of more than 80,000 employees.As an employee-owned company, Hy-Vee offers a culture of autonomy, service, entrepreneurship, ownership, agility, passion and pride. Hy-Vees mission is to make customers lives easier, healthier and happier. We promise our customers a helpful smile in every aisle
About HST Global
The Helpful Smiles Technology Center (HST Global) in Bangalore is an extension of HyVee Helpful Smiles Technology Center (HST), the global IT team with more than 1,600 technologists. HST supports Hy-Vees business growth and modernization needs by accelerating the adoption of technology across enterprise operations. It offers tech talent the unique opportunity to transform technology at Hy-Vee, understand different markets and cultural dynamics, as well as the opportunity to work locally and remotely on IT challenges
- Development and testing of clean, well-tested code while championing quality, maintainability and reliability
- Build applications that are easy to use, meet the stakeholders needs and are easy to maintain
- Work with teammates to share ideas and grow skills
- Take enhancements and features from conception to final product deployment
- Senior Engineers would be expected to mentor and support the growth of others on the team
- Contributing to the analysis, design, development, management and validation of various stand-alone and client-server applications and micro service architecture
- Optimizing the performance of applications using various code optimization strategies
- Experience delivering solution design and services to high value clients
- Proven success in building scalable applications across various business domains
- Good Knowledge of Agile Methodology and working with Agile team
- Very good understanding of Redux store structure which makes the react states structured to use and maintain large applications.
- Experience in GIT
- Experience in building web applications on GRAPHQL and RESTful APIs
- Experience in implementing React UI apps, Using various hooks and redux
- Experience working with AJAX calls for API communication with server
- Experience with data storage systems PostgreSQL and MS SQL
- Understanding of event-driven software architectures
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of test-driven design and general automation\
Bachelors degree / Masters degree in computer science, information science or related field with 4+ years of work experience.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 07:59:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!