Job title: Engineering Manager – Java, Distributed Systems , Big Data , DSA – 14+ Years – AppDynamics
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: About Us
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring platform that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver perfect customer experiences at scale.
AppDynamics R&D Centre in Bangalore is founded in 2015 and is focusing on leading core product and engineering areas independently and works closely with San Francisco and other teams. Over the last 5 years, we have grown to 200+ people and Bangalore R&D Centre has evolved as a centre of excellence for core product & engineering innovation in AppDynamics. We have been able to build a super-strong team, that is working in very exciting and ambitious problems. We have an amazing and happy work environment in Bangalore, where the entire centre works as one single team and truly cares for each other!
Who You’ll Work With
AppDynamics’s Application Monitoring organization provides monitoring solutions for Java & related frameworks, dynamic languages, databases (relational & NoSQL), Server Infrastructure (Including Virtualization and container, Orchestration platforms, Cloud platforms), and Network (TCP/IP). It constantly targets new technologies/frameworks to include in our product portfolio.
You will develop products to monitor different dynamic language-based products and applications, working on industry standards like Open Telemetry.
This position is for an Senior Developer/Lead in APM cSaaS Controller team at Bangalore. As a part of this team, you would work on enhancing AppDynamics APM capability by providing more core features and supporting new frameworks.
Who You Are
- You are an Engineer with a 11+ years of experience and a passion for solving difficult problems with customer-focused approach. In addition, you have experience working on large, complex distributed SaaS based applications.
- You are the kind of engineer who likes developing server-side products, end to end.
- Should have significant work experience in designing architecture, enterprise applications and products.
- Must be a critical problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- You enjoy the challenge of difficult, broad, and technically deep tasks in distributed computing.
- You love working collaboratively with your team and equally enjoy owning and driving your own tasks and projects.
- You are able to convey solutions of any complex problems to various audiences, including non-engineering people, persuade them and ensure effective communication by displaying a level of social and emotional intelligence.
- Experience working with a distributed team, global or other diverse team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Developer platform/tool proven experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
What You’ll Do
- Must possess good understanding of Linux Internals, IPC (Inter-Process Communication) Multi-Threading, Socket programming, GDB debugging, and OOP Design.
- Excellent command over OOAD (Object-oriented analysis and design) concepts with good Typescript and how to use it to produce clean, readable, and well-tested code.
- Strong understanding of Data Structure, Data algorithms and Concurrent Programming. Expected to have experience with Architecture designing (Product Architecture design). Ability to multi-task and to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of JVM internals: GC algorithms, performance tuning for highly loaded applications, heap usage analysis.
- Solid exposure to architecture and design of large scale distributed applications with hands-on experience in ingesting, processing, storing, analysing, caching and serving web-scale data. Should have exposure to relevant technologies in this space such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, NoSql, Redis, Containers, etc.
- Experience on working on UI skills with AngularJS (Any version) or ReactJS.
- Must have experience of cloud-native application development and deployment using AWS (or equivalent) Cloud Environment. Working knowledge of Docker, Containers, Kubernetes is an advantage.
- Added advantage of having an experience in working on Cloud Observability Space. Why Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A block-chain company. An AI/Machine Learning
company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing. Be you, with us!
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 22:11:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!