Job title: Data Engineer
Company: Varian Medical Systems
Job description: Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Data Engineer who will be part of Data Reliability Engineering cum L4 Tech Support Team.
Job Responsibilities for Data Engineer:
In this role, you will have access to the complete Azure cloud technology platform used in building this product and will have limitless scope to learn and deep dive into implementation level details. Following are high level job responsibilities for this position.
- Designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
- Develops technical tools and programming that leverage cloud based data services/platforms and big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and storage requirements.
- Reviews internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity and suggests changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
- Understand the complete product features and be able to demonstrate them when needed.
- Investigate customer complaints and respond back with thorough root cause analysis in a timely fashion.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product Managers, Data Engineers, Data scientists and Design teams while troubleshooting various micro-service/ data related technical issues.
- Understand business processes and comply with company-wide regulations
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements e.g. automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and reliability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Azure and Snowflake technologies.
- Build and track various KPIs/ dashboard that reflect product health and usage, customer satisfaction, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Understand and offer solution that serves business needs and also is cost effective- conduct cost analysis for various possible solutions.
- 6-8 years of experience in Enterprise application development
- Hands-on experience in Data Engineering, Data warehouse, Cloud based data platform, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Data Bricks
- Proficient with CI/CD practices and production deployment, using Azure DevOps
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision
- Self-starter who is able to make an impact with little or no guidance
- Experience working in virtualized cloud environment including cloud-based IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI/ Tableau is preferred
- Familiarity with Azure cloud concepts/ related certification is a plus.
BE, MSc, MCA, Computer Science, or related discipline.
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 26 May 2023 22:11:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!