Job title: Associate, Instructional Design
Job description: Job Description
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com
Lowe’s India employs over 3,600 associates across technology, analytics, merchandising, supply chain, marketing, finance and accounting, product management, and shared services leveraging new technologies and finding innovative methods to ensure Lowe’s has a competitive edge in its key markets.
About the Team
Team directly supports the Associate Learning & Development team at SSC-M. Providing content development support and maintenance of courseware as required. Working in partnership with the SSC-M team, priorities are
Use the sample functions below to help you fill in the Job Summary box. Use these functions as starting points or create your own.
Sample Manager functions to elaborate on: executing direction from leadership, delivering results that align with strategic objectives, communicating critical information to other teams, managing vendor relationships, developing processes that align to organizational goals, specific technical skills required for managing a process.
The primary purpose of this role is to collaborate with the instructional designers and learning peers to develop learning solutions tied to business strategies that meet or exceed organizational objectives. This includes responsibility to understand and take forward the identified design approach to development and execution phase. This role is critical to Lowe’s because it ensures Lowe’s associates are equipped with the confidence and competence to serve Lowe’s customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops instructional training delivery methods (i.e., in-person, online, self-service) and mediums such as audio-visual materials, production videos, instructor guides, and curriculum, as appropriate
- Collaborates with the team and key stakeholders and works through the development phase
- Ensure adult learning principles and a systematic instructional design process is applied to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content)
- Develops exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies
- Advises on technological learning solutions and methodologies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of learning programs
- Uses instructional design methodology to design and develop blended learning solutions
- Creates modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of training solutions
- Identify risks and brings it to the attention of the Manager
Years of Experience:
- Overall L&D experience of 6 months – 2 years, out of which at least 6 months in an instructional design role developing various product types likes e-learning, ILT, job aids and videos
- Exceptional analytical and cross-functional skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to bring innovative Learning & Development ideas and proposals to the team that can improve associate career development.
- Self-starter, ability to learn fast and contribute.
- Ability to build strong organizational knowledge and understanding of the current gaps within capability development.
- Passion for product training, leadership, and helping associates develop to their fullest potential.
- Team-orientated, engaging, and energetic.
- Shares our values, and work in accordance with those values
Education Qualification & Certifications (optional)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
List the education, certification, and work experience for an incumbent in the job. Enter the Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications as directed, and delete the areas not used.
List the education, certification, work experience and skills required to minimally qualify an individual for the job.
Candidate must have completed their graduation. A degree in HR/Learning would be preferable
Certifications in Instructional design would be an added advantage
Skill Set Required:
Primary Skills (must have)
- Instructional Design (this includes developing training materials and content, online/e-learning modules, instructor-led materials, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio) and other training assets)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Articulate 360 Studio/Rise
- Workday Learning
Secondary Skills (desired)
- Experience with video production/editing
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under state or local law. Lowe’s wishes to maintain appropriate standards and integrity in meeting the requirements of the Information Technology Act’s privacy provisions.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 02:51:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!